Monday, October 31, 2011

GRASS WIDOW / RANK/XEROX SPLIT CS


The Grass Widow side is pretty hit or miss for me. I've never really given a proper listen to there other material and wasn't too into it at the time but I gotta say their cover of "Black Hole" by the Urinals kills, as does the final track, "uncertain memory". If the Urinals cover wasn't enough of a tip-off, this is art punk, which can come with some pretty awful quirks. the third track for instance is some a cappella bullshit. Thankfully Rank/Xerox tears it up on the b-side. I saw them open for Face The Rail in Richmond a few months ago and, having been a huge post-punk nerd for almost half of my life, they blew me out of the water. Unfortunately nobody else at the show really gave a shit. Fer fans of Josef K, Gang of Four, Saccharine Trust. hititupfools

No comments:

Post a Comment